Me being silly with photoshop
I am a technologist and manager with over 20 years’ experience in software architecture, authoring and delivery. I firmly believe in continuous learning and self-improvement through the acquisition of new skills and ways of thinking. I have an excellent understanding of business processes, enterprise infrastructure, applications, data, networks, and security requirements. I comfortably interact at all levels, translating technical concepts into digestible information. I have designed, managed, and created enterprise scale systems from scratch, these systems are used throughout the world and include:
- Case Management
- Document Management
- Secure Messaging
- Declarative Programming Platform
- Container Tracking and many more.
Please read on for my work history
Cloud Solutions Architect - Rehab - Creative Media Agency
The Agency was tasked with the redesign and modernisation of the ecommerce function for the Bacardi portfolio. My objective was to provide a solution where Bacardi can leverage and re-use existing components for all owned brands. The architecture followed a “Create Once Deploy Everywhere” approach. In addition, the solution provided a Data Lake for all events and activities across the brands. Activities and deliverables included:
- Investigated and document the current technology landscape.
- Recommend and document Azure Cloud Native approach based on MACH principles.
- Investigate and document feature and fit for headless CMS and Ecommerce SaaS providers.
- Present findings and recommendations for the modernisation of the Bacardi group to the CIO and chief enterprise architect.
System Environment Manager and Solutions Architect - Dentons - Law Firm
My role as solutions architect was to manage the integration projects for three new European regions. This required definition of high-level and functional designs for the integration requirements into payroll systems. My role as System Environment Manager was to provide governance over the data and configuration in each SAP Cloud environment.
- Engage with all stakeholders and create the system environment management policy/manual as a reference point for governance and compliance requirements.
- Define custom Jira tracking requirements.
- Created an XML tool for configuration difference checking.
- Tracked all project plans and provide visibility of the planned and current environment activity.
- Maintenance of the level one project plan to include SEM activity for PMO.
- Liaising with environment owners to understand requirements and raise / track tickets with the SAP vendor for environment changes.
RPA Consultant - Human Plus - RPA Consultancy
Creation of AI form recognition system using Blue Prism RPA and Microsoft Azure for Great Ormond Street Hospital – NHS tendering project. Created functionality to use Azure cognitive services in recognising forms and translating data from the forms into a data model suitable for SQL injection or RPA automation – extensive Blue Prism project.
Cloud Infrastructure Consultancy - iForge Ltd - Infrastructure and support
Migration and architecture consulting for on-premise infrastructure into AWS or Azure. Perform detailed cost analysis and planning of transition to maintain competitive cost advantage. Provision of a CMS and secure systems for managing incidents, inventories, configurations, contracts, passwords and other key information.
CTO - International Presence - Cloud Messaging Software company
As a former shareholder a great deal of my career was spent at International Presence. I designed and created numerous enterprise solutions and applications:
- Visual programming platform for Alerting, Automation, Integration, ETL, SOA and Micro Services provisioning (Presence)
- A Cloud Workflow and Document Management System.
- Transition of monolithic iSeries Messaging product to the cloud whilst preserving ability of original iSeries application to interact with new cloud-based SOA for message delivery through VOIP technology and other channels.
- Cloud Secure Messaging application for end-to-end encryption and storage of highly sensitive data.
- Patient clinical case management systems for healthcare providers in UK / US.
- Invoice Reconciliation Workflow system for Spire Healthcare.
I had full design authority over Presence and managed its development from inception to completion. Presence is a platform capable of all server functions See Here. Being a relatively small company, I was tasked with multiple consultative roles and design challenges for customers like Mitsubishi, BUPA, DAS, Gerber Juice, Spire Healthcare, Citylink, and Miki Travel to name a few. Working with these customers I designed and built enterprise grade Workflow, Orchestration, Document Management, BI Reporting, EDI and many other complex applications including a Stock Market Game Engine (integration with LSE).
Qiva – R&D Manager, Project Manager - Logistics solutions for deep sea shipping and agency operations.
I started my career in Qiva as an RPG Programmer and helped drive the company from seven to over two hundred employees. Armed with industry knowledge, I soon became the go to interim project manager tasked with fixing problematic large projects. I also became the R&D manager where I created a data warehouse and BI reporting tool with neural network forecasting application for container movements. I was also responsible for porting the core Shipping systems from RPG to RPGIII taking advantage the newly released AS400/iSeries. I then went on to be the project manager for their Unix port of the system.
Links to Certifications and Evaluations
PluralSight Evaluations (20 Technology Tests)
Certified AWS Solutions Architect SAA-CA01 Link to Certificate
Certified Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 Link to Certificate
Photography, 3D Printing, 3D Modelling, CNC Routers, Raspberry PI, IOT, Robotics, Art, Game Engines